- 2 C Flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 C sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 20 oz can crushed pineapple
- 1/2 C butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 C evaporated milk
- 1 C sugar
- 1 C chopped pecans
- 1 C sweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 pan with butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together your flour, sugar, baking soda, eggs, vanilla, and crushed pineapples.
- Pour into your baking pan and bake for 40-45 mins or until golden brown.
- Poke several holes in the cake with the handle of a wooden spoon.
- In a medium sized sauce pan, heat your butter, sugar, evaporated milk, and vanilla until it reaches a boil.
- Mix in your pecans and coconut and continue cooking for about 5 mins on medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Pour your topping evenly over your cake, slice and enjoy!!