- 2 C reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 C uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 C chopped onion
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- 3/4 C panko bread crumbs
- 2/3 C grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 C frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 tsp grated lemon peel
- freshly ground pepper (optional)
- In a saucepan, bring broth and lemon juice to a boil. Stir in rice and onion; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until liquid is almost absorbed and rice is tender, 15-20 mins.
- Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, whisk together egg and milk. In another bowl, toss bread crumbs with 1/3 cup cheese and oregano. Pound chicken breasts with meat mallet to 1/4 in thickness. Dip in egg mixture, then in crumb mixture to coat both sides.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook chicken until no longer pink, 2-3 mins per side.
- When rice is cooked, gently stir in peas; cook; covered until heated through, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in lemon peel and remaining cheese. Slice chicken; serve with rice. If desired, sprinkle with pepper.