A Taste of Home Recipe
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, mined
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 1/2 C diced cooked chicken breast
- 1 pkg (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3/4 C diced fully cooked ham
- 1/4 C grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- dash ground nutmeg
- 12 uncooked manicotti shells
- 3/4 C all-purpose flour
- 3 C reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 /c fat free milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- dash cayenne pepper
- 1/4 C grated parmesan cheese
- In a small skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the onion mixture with the next 8 ingredients; set aside.
- Cook Manicotti according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, combine flour and broth in a large saucepan until smooth. Stir in the milk, salt, nutmeg, pepper, and cayenne.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon 1 cup into the chicken mixture. Add Parmesan cheese to remaining sauce.
- Spread 1 Cup sauce into a 13x9 baking dish,coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Drain shells, stuff with chicken mixture. Arrange over sauce; drizzle with remaining sauce. Cover and bake at 375˚ for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly and heated through.
to print recipe: