I found these hidden treasures in a book called the Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World by Susan Veness, " Magic flows out of the tricks you don't see." and goes on to say The magic of Walt Disney World is something that we all think we've seen before but there is so much more to this beloved attraction then we think and the Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World is your passport to all the secrets.
“Note: Affiliate links may be used in this post. I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase through my affiliate link. Read my full disclosure policy here.”
- Main St. USA: notice the smell of home-baked cookies that follows you down Main Street.
- Cinderella's castle: the three circle designs of the stone fence casts Mickey's silhouette at the right time of day.
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: this attraction took over the location of the beloved Mr. Toad's Wild Wild ride, look for the picture of Toad handing Owl the deed to his house.
- The haunted mansion: ask a Cast Member to tell you the story Madame Leota's ring.
- Tom Sawyer's Island: find the paint boss brush left by Tom and turn it into a cast member you'll be rewarded with a fast pass for Frontierland Attraction.
- Splash Mountain: if you decide to watch instead of ride you might still get wet by hidden water cannon in the grass.
- Big thunder Mountain: ride at night and you'll see a party in progress in the second-floor window of the saloon.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: as you exit the ride, look for the distinct footprints of peg-legged Davy Jones.
- Magic Carpets of Aladdin: beware of the spitting camels!
- Stitch's Great Escape: read the signs written in a peculiar alien alphabet.
- The barnstormers at Goofy's Wise Acre Farms: Stand in front of the chicken crates and watch the chicken's reaction as the airplane buzzes by
- Minnie's Country House: as you walk through her house listen to Minnie's answering machine
So the next time you visit Magic Kingdom, remember to look for these Hidden Magic Treasures.
Grab your copy of this book or get the 2019 2nd Edition
Remember to pack your mickey mouse ears and always plan your vacation with "The People Who Know Disney"
- Rhonda Pinkerton-Consultant
- Destination Orlando, Etc
- Authorized Disney Vacation Planner