If you are going to go to Walt Disney World, try to get over to Universal Studios and visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and take this blog with you so you don't miss out on any of the magic.
Just to clarify, Diagon Alley is located in Universal Studios (Florida) and Hogsmeade is located in Islands of Adventure (Florida). If you want to visit both locations, you need to purchase a two-park ticket.
And if you're going to just go to Universal
- Tip 1: If you stay at one of Universal's on-site hotels, you get early access to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter one hour before the park opens.
- Tip 2: Before going to the Park, download the Universal Orlando Wait Times App so you know how long each line is for the rides
- Tip 3: If you are visiting with small children but want to go on the rides, ask the staff about Baby Swap.
- Tip 4: Try going to Hogsmeade first and then take the Hogswart Express to Diagon Alley later in the day.
- Tip 5: When you enter Islands of Adventure, walk right towards Seuss Landing.
- Tip 6: Look up at the windows of Dominic Maesro's Music shop and you'll see a cello playing itself.
- Tip 7: And when you stop by Gladrags Wizardwear, you'll see a cat made out of measuring tape. Its tail also moves!
- Tip 8: When in line for the Forbidden Journey ride, you can hear a teacher lecturing behind the Potions classroom door.
- Tip 9: After the ride you'll exit into Filch's Emporium. Look out for the Sword Gryffindor and other easter eggs
- Tip 10: At the Hog's Head Pub (inside Three Broomsticks), you can see the talking heads from Prisoner of Azkaban.
- Tip 11: If you look at the top of the Owlery in Hogsmeade, an owl will pop out every now and then like a cuckoo clock.
- Tip 12: In the bathrooms at Hogsmeade, you'll hear Moaning Myrtle's complaints and cries.
- Tip 13:When you're on the Hogwart's Express going to Diagon Alley, you can catch a quick glimpse of Voldemort in front of Malfoy Manor.
- Tip 14: If the entrance to Universal Studios is too long, you can try the entrance by Blue Manor Group.
- Tip 15: Stand outside 12 Grimmauld Place and you'll see kreacher open the curtains every other minute.
- Tip 16: If you dial 62442 (MAGIC) in the telephone booth outside King's Cross, it will connect you to the Ministry of Magic.
- Tip 17: The Leaky Cauldron can be seen from the London facade just as described in the books.
- Tip 18: If you stop by the Knight Bus, make sure to go around the back and take a peek inside.
- Tip 19: If you look in the windows of the record shop on Charing Cross Road and Mr. Mullpepper's Apothecary in Diagon Alley, you'll see a tribut to the Jaws Ride.
- Tip 20: When waiting in line for the Hogwarts Express at King's Cross, look out for the Divine Magic ad from the Half Blood Prince
- Tip 21: Also make sure to look out for Muggles going through the wall between Platforms 9 and 10.
- Tip 22: When you go to Madam Malkin's stand in front of the mirror for some wardrobe feedback.
- Tip 23: Make sure to look up in Weasley's Wizard Wheezes; you can see Umbridge just like in Half-Blood Prince
- Tip 24: If you purchase a wand at Ollivanders, you'll receive a map. Put the map under the black light in Knockturn Alley and you'll see little figures pop up.
- Tip 25: Go to the Money Exchange in Carkitt Market and ask the goblin anything and he'll answer you.
- Tip 26: You'll find the vanishing cabinet at Borgin and Burkes in Knockturn Alley, If you listen closely, you'll hear a bird chirping.
- Tip 27: If you look up in the Magical Menagerie, you'll see a Demiguise and a Crumple-Horned Snorkack
- Tip 28: In both Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade, there are special performances, guests should look out for.
- Tip 29: And the last but not least, make sure to soak it all in and enjoy the MAGIC.