Disney Travel News
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge hit it out of this galaxy with three Brass Ring Awards for the experiential merchandise items found on Batuu.
- Best Hard Good Item:The personalized lightsabers created by Guests at Savi’s Workshop – Handbuilt Lightsabers. The experience is guided by ancient wisdom, yet crafted by the choices guests make before igniting it with a kyber crystal.
- Best Visual Merchandising: The custom astromech units built by Guests at the Droid Depot that interact with the land.
- Best Plush: The Porg was recognized not only for item itself, but also for the experience Guests have when choosing their very own Porg from the Creature Stall.
“Through outstanding products, we have helped create an entirely immersive experience that weaves the story of Batuu through every point in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge,” said Kareem Daniel, president, Walt Disney Imagineering Operations, Product Creation, Games and Publishing. “Experiential storytelling is at the heart of what we do, and I am so proud of what these teams have collectively brought to life.”
Additionally, in the live entertainment category, the Brass Ring Award for Best Atmosphere went to the Green Army Drum Corps — which marches through Toy Story Landat Disney’s Hollywood Studios®several times a day playing lively percussion sets with inspiring drum sequences.
“It’s incredible to see the effect that atmosphere entertainment has on our guests and the Green Army Drum Corps is no exception,” said David Lightbody, senior vice president for Disney Parks Live -Entertainment. “We are thrilled to have been recognized by IAAPA for this talented group of musicians that help bring Toy Story Land to life and involve our guests in fun and memorable ways.”
Congratulations to all of the teams behind these incredible products and experiences!
- Rhonda Pinkerton-Consultant
- Destination Orlando, Etc
- Authorized Disney Vacation Planner