Disney Travel News
Here’s a look at what’s happening over the next few months across the Walt Disney World theme parks:
Now It’s Time to Say Goodbye …
Mickey & Minnie’s Surprise Celebration at Magic Kingdom® Park
- You can drop by Town Square Theater to meet Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse together – in special celebratory outfits – as part of Mickey & Minnie’s Surprise Celebration. ( Ends Sept. 30)
- You can also discover seldom-seen Disney friends at the flagpole in Town Square. ( Ends Sept. 30)
Entertainment at Epcot®
- You can bid a fond farewell to “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth,” as the nighttime spectacular’s nearly 20-year run at World Showcase Lagoon draws to a close. ( Ends Sept. 30)
- Plus, you can take a musical journey through the cosmos with Star-Lord and Gamora during Guardians of the Galaxy – Awesome Mix Live! at the America Gardens Theatre. ( Ends Aug. 18)
An Incredible Celebration at Disney’s Hollywood Studios®
- You can leap into action at Pixar Place during “The Super Shindig” dance party with Mr. Incredible, Mrs. Incredible and Frozone. ( Ends Sept. 30)
“Hakuna Matata Time Dance Party” at Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park
- Guests can walk on the wild side during this raucous celebration where young adventurers let their inner animals roam free on the dance floor along with their pals Timon and Rafiki. ( Ends Sept. 30)
… And There’s Still Plenty of New Magic in Our World
Several special experiences new to Walt Disney World Resort in 2019 will continue into the fall and beyond, including:
- “Move It! Shake It! MousekeDance It! Street Party” at Magic Kingdom Park where you can dance with favorite Disney pals in front of Cinderella Castle.
- Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy at Disney’s Hollywood Studios where you can Become a rookie racer and learn the rules of the road.
- Also at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, you step into the world of Disney and Pixar’s “Monsters, Inc.,” or meet Edna Mode from Disney and Pixar’s “The Incredibles.”
- Over at Disney's Animal Kingdom, you can take in the grandeur of the Tree of Life as it awakens anew each night with scenes inspired by “The Lion King,” or they can snap a photo in front of special “Lion King” backdrops perfect for sharing on social media.
- Also at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, you can see the nighttime show “Rivers of Light: We Are One,” now featuring additional imagery and familiar animal characters.
Immersive Themed Lands Take Guests Inside Favorite Stories
- Pandora – The World of Avatar at Disney’s Animal Kingdom immerses you in a mystical world of massive floating mountains, bioluminescent rainforests and breathtaking new experiences.
- Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios makes you feel like an “honorary toy” as you play alongside Woody, Buzz Lightyear and other favorite Toy Story characters. While in Andy’s backyard, they can take a ride on Slinky Dog Dash or grab a bite to eat at Woody’s Lunch Box.
Special Ticket Offers Available this Summer
The Summer One World Ticket is a great way for you to experience all this excitement at Walt Disney World, available now through Aug. 23, 2019. For only $74 per admission (plus tax) – a total price of $444 (plus tax) – you receive one admission to each of the resort’s four theme parks and two water parks.*
Florida residents can purchase Get Your Ears On Tickets now through Aug. 25, 2019, for as low as $55 per day (plus tax). The 3-Day Get Your Ears On Ticket is $199 (plus tax, while the 4-Day Get Your Ears On Ticket is $219 (plus tax).**
* Summer One World Ticket valid 6/4/19 – 8/28/19 for one admission to Magic Kingdom® Park, one admission to Epcot®, one admission to Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park, one admission to Disney’s Hollywood Studios®, one admission to Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon water park, and one admission to Disney’s Blizzard Beach water park. Each park may be visited only once. Tickets are nonrefundable, nontransferable and exclude activities/events separately priced. Admission is subject to capacity closures and other restrictions. Water parks are subject to rehabilitation, seasonal and weather closures. After expiration date, the price paid for a wholly unused ticket can be applied to the purchase of a new ticket with an equal or higher price.
** Get Your Ears On Ticket must be used by Aug. 28, 2019. Proof of Florida residency required. Tickets are nonrefundable and nontransferable. Tickets valid for one theme park per day. Tickets exclude activities and events separately priced.
- Rhonda Pinkerton-Consultant
- Destination Orlando, Etc
- Authorized Disney Vacation Planner