Disney Travel News
- Download the official Disneyland mobile app
First things first. The Disneyland app* allows you to navigate that land and even utilize the mobile ordering feature at select dining locations when they are in the land. Download before visiting the park!
- Plan for the attraction experience
Starting Jan. 17 as needed, a virtual queue for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance may be implemented to help deliver the best possible experience, allowing you to explore other areas of the park while waiting for your turn to ride. The Disneyland app will have a dedicated module, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance – Access by Boarding Group, available from the main page. Here’s how it will work:
- Request to join a boarding group to ride the attraction, once you have entered Disneyland park. The virtual queue will not be available until published park opening hours.
- Boarding groups will be sent a push notification when it is their turn to enter the attraction queue and you can monitor status of boarding groups from the app.
- There also will be the ability to join a boarding group from select locations inside Disneyland park, if you are not using the app. The boarding group is tied to admission that will be scanned upon entry of the attraction.
- Signage throughout the park will also display boarding group status.
- Admission into Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will be subject to capacity, and having an assigned boarding group will not guarantee entrance to the attraction.
- Make a reservation for select experiences
Savi’s Workshop, Droid Depot and Oga’s Cantina offer advance reservations up to 60 days in advance. These popular experiences book up quickly, so be sure to check out the Disneyland Resort website or the Disneyland app to make reservations today!
- Display an affiliation with the rebellious Resistance or the intimidating First Order
You are encouraged to live out your Star Wars story and dress the part while visiting Batuu, however, keep in mind the Disneyland Resort costume policy is in effect. While costumes may not be worn by guests 14 years of age or older, appropriate bounding—dressing in outfits inspired by Star Wars—is permitted.
- Find a ride buddy
Head to Batuu’s marketplace to check out the Creature Stall. You may find an exotic creature or critter from around the galaxy to accompany you aboard Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, including a sassy Kowakian monkey-lizard or an adorable porg!
- Explore Black Spire Outpost with your Star Wars : Datapad through the Play Disney Parks App
Star Wars: Datapad is a land-wide interactive experience available through the Play Disney Parks mobile app.* There are so many ways to explore with Datapad, including choosing to support the Resistance or First Order by selecting new jobs within the app.
- Follow the experience with a refreshing treat
After escaping the clutches of the dark side, you can treat yourself to a local delicacy in Batuu – Blue Milk and Green Milk! Available at the Milk Stand, these frosty confections are an invigorating, refreshing drink. Pair this milk with a sweet, savory snack made with popcorn from Kat Saka’s Kettle. Try the new chocolate popcorn with Crait Red Salt – yum!
Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opens Jan. 17 at the Disneyland Resort. Rising Moons!
*Message, data and roaming rates may apply. Availability subject to handset limitations, and features may vary by handset, service provider or otherwise. Coverage and app stores not available everywhere. If you’re under 18, get your parents’ permission first. Some features require separate theme park admission.
Let's book a magical vacation:
Request a quote at www.pinktifuloflove.com or
email me at RhondaP@destinationorlandoetc.com or
call me 1-800-291-1584
Remember to pack your mickey mouse ears and always plan your vacation with "The People Who Know Disney"
* Rhonda Pinkerton-Consultant
* Destination Orlando, Etc
* Authorized Disney Vacation Planner