Disney Travel News
The opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland® Resort could not have gone more smoothly! Guests are already making the most of their visits to Batuu by taking advantage of the innovative digital planning tools put in place.
You can join a virtual queue and get a boarding group to access Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge if the system is implemented the day of your visit. On the first day, shortly after the first Guests entered Batuu, boarding groups were activated and all Guests who opted in were able to access the land! The wait in the virtual queue—which allows Guests to enjoy other experiences throughout the resort until they enter the land—averaged only an hour and 20 minutes, and boarding passes were not required by late afternoon, after which Guests could enter at their leisure.
Once inside the land, Guests waited an average of 45-60 minutes for Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, and wait times elsewhere in the land were minimal. All in, it was an awesome day on Batuu.
Check out some of the comments from yesterday’s guests:
- “ Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge was all this life-long Star Wars fan could have hoped for. I cried when I did Savi’s Workshop — one of the best theme park experiences. Waited 25 mins for the Falcon.”
- “ Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge virtual queuing system has been working great. I can’t believe how well they’ve handled crowds today.”
- “The wait time at Disneyland right now is blowing my mind. Everything is so short.”
Plus, given the additional 20% capacity that Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge brings, there was a positive impact on wait times throughout the resort. That, coupled with all of the new and exciting experiences across the Disneyland Resort, makes now a great time for you to visit!
- Rhonda Pinkerton-Consultant
- Destination Orlando, Etc
- Authorized Disney Vacation Planner