Grab your copy of Birnbaum's 2019 The Official Guide where you can learn more about the Happiest Place in the World and sooo much more
- Most buses are equipped with wheelchair lifts. Such buses have a blue emblem on the windshield and rear door.
- When using the WDW transportation system to get from resort to a theme park or from one Park to another, allow an extra 45 minutes or more to get to your destination.
- The interval between the arrivals of Disney buses is about 25 to 50 minutes or more.
- Beforewarned: it takes a long time to travel by bus from resort to resort. Plan on a trip up to 100 minutes and at least one transfer (at a theme park or Disney Springs).
- Monorails usually run until one hour after the Magic Kingdom closing time (and they don't always run during Extra Magic Hours).
- There is no direct transportation between Disney's Boardwalk and most Walt Disney World resorts. You must first travel to Disney springs or a park and transfer to the appropriate bus (or take a Minnie Van or cab).
- Try to avoid vacating a theme park just as it closes. Instead plan to linger a bit in a shop, or grab a seat and watch the crowds crawl towards their respective buses boat, airborne gondolas, car and monorails.
- If all seats are filled, guests will be asked to stand during transport on the bus or monorail (often at park opening and closing times).
- Keep in mind that most obvious mode of transportation may not be the quickest. For example, it is often faster to walk to the Magic Kingdom from the Contemporary Resort then it is to take the monorail.
- It's possible to rent a car from Disney resort. For details inquire at the Lobby Concierge desk or contact the Front Desk.
- Guest staying at a Walt Disney World owned and operated resort receive complimentary, standard self-parking at all theme parks.
- Rhonda Pinkerton-Consultant
- Destination Orlando, Etc
- Authorized Disney Vacation Planner
“Note: Affiliate links may be used in this post. I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase through my affiliate link. Read my full disclosure policy here.”