Well, Disney World has become an extremely popular destination for adults without children appealing to singles, couples and empty nesters alike. Disney has responded to the demand with an entertainment and dining selection from grownups without kids in tow.Couples
There is a place for lovebirds at Walt Disney World, actually there are many spots and Walt Disney World's perfectly suited to those with romantic intentions.
- The Magic Kingdom's carousel-and-castle combo appeals to the enchantent true fairy tale tradition.
- Epcot's World Showcase has the atmosphere of a whirlwind tour, with countries as exotic as Japan and Morocco.
- Disney's Hollywood Studios creates an era of starry-eyed elegance.
- And what could be more enjoyable than sharing a safari through Africa at Disney's Animal Kingdom?
By day there's romance in the theme parks for couples and by night, the parks sparkle with romance and mushiness and that's all before the fireworks.
Don't forget about Disney's themed Resorts:
- Grand Floridian with it's Victorian charms
- The exotic Island getaway that is the Polynesian Village resort.
- You won't find a more inspirational backdrop than at the rustic Wilderness Lodge with it's geysers waterfalls, steamy hot springs and a grand stone fireplace.
- BoardWalk Resort has bikes available for romantic rides along the waterfront, and a peaceful walk around Crescent Lake.
Disney World can sometimes be challenging for older travelers, the heat in particular in summer can be hard to take, but with the proper planning and precautions, it's just as delightful for older visitors as for kids.
some things to make it easier and more enjoyable:
- Make special requests when you reserve your room for example if you need a wheelchair accessible room or grab bars in the bath ask for them and confirm request before arrival.
- For slower times visit the parks Monday through Wednesday. Thursday through Sundays tend to attract lots of locals.
- The Florida sun tends to be brutal year round. Always wear sunscreen (don't forget your hands and feet), and a hat.
- Try to eat early or late to avoid the mealtime crowds at the Magic Kingdom. Select restaurants such as Tony's Town Square restaurant and Columbia Harbor House or take the monorail to the peaceful Polynesian Village, Contemporary or Grand Floridian Resort for pleasant dining options (check first to see which restaurants serve lunch). In Epcot: the Coral Reef Restaurant and LA Hacienda are pleasant spots. At Disney's Hollywood Studios: the Hollywood's Brown Derby and Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano offer relaxing meals.
- If you need to refrigerate medication, know that small refrigerators are included with the room rate out all Walt Disney World owned and operated resorts. Refrigerators can be provided at most other resorts for small free. Park First Aid Stations will park will store medicine tot.
- Don't underestimate distances at Epcot or Animal Kingdom, you may need to walk more than three miles in a day. Wear comfortable shoes and remember to take breaks.
- Pace yourself, it's smart to head back to your hotel for a swim or nap in the afternoon, and then return to the parks later on.
- Many Orlando area hotels and attractions offer discounts for seniors and AARP members.
- Be sure to pack extra doses of any medication. In case of travel delays or other reasons for an extended visit. Pack contact info for your doctors and copies of all prescriptions to it pays to be prepared.
Those who travel alone, be it for business or just for fun can have as memorable a time here as they would anywhere else.
- Solo travelers with extra time should consider taking a behind the scenes tour.
- Many of the finer restaurants now have counters, perfect for chatting with other diners.
- Sometimes being a solo travel could mean shorter wait times in attractions. Test Track is among those with "single rider" lines.
- Other opportunities include: parasailing and water skiing (at the Contemporary), horseback riding (at Fort Wilderness), taking a spin in a motor boat, enjoying bass fishing or surfing lessons and watching a game at ESPN Wild World of Sports.
- Disney Spring's lounges and restaurants can prove to be fertile meeting places. The BoardWalk is another lively destination. Sports fan find its ESPN Club, most inviting.
- The lounges at most Walt Disney World Resort Hotels are relaxed and welcoming. The same lively atmosphere prevails at the Tune-in Lounge in the 50's Prime Time Cafe at Disney's Hollywood Studios, and at the Rose and Crown Pub, (in the United Kingdom pavilion at Epcot's World Showcase.)
Now that you know you can have just a Magical time without having kids with you:
Remember to pack your mickey mouse ears and always plan your vacation with "The People Who Know Disney"
- Rhonda Pinkerton-Consultant
- Destination Orlando, Etc
- Authorized Disney Vacation Planner