- 1 lb ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (32 oz) chicken broth
- 4 cups potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, seeds removed, chopped
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp chili powder (optional)
- kosher salt and ground pepper to taste
- bacon crumbled (optional)
Place ground beef, tomatoes, potatoes, carrot, bell pepper, onion, celery and garlic in your slow cooker and pour chicken stock over the top.
Season with chili powder, salt and pepper, then stir everything together. Cover slow cooker, turn on HIGH and cook for 3-4 hours, or until vegetables are softened.
Stir flour into heavy cream until no chunks remain, then pour mixture, along with cheddar cheese, into slow cooker.
Stir to combine, then cover and cook for another 20-30 minutes, then ladle into soup bowls top with cheese and crumbled bacon and serve HOT!!! Yummy for my tummy.
If you do try this recipe let me know if you enjoyed it as much as i have.