- 1 Large peach, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 C chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 C salsa
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilanro
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 C chicken broth
- 1/2 C uncooked long grain rice
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 oz each)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp oil
- Mix first 6 ingredients. In a small saucepan, bring broth and 1/4 cup peach mixture to a boil. Stir in rice; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, about 15-18 mins.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a skillet, heat the oil over medium heat; brown chicken on both sides. Add remaining peach mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165˚, 7-9 mins. Serve with Rice.