“Note: Affiliate links may be used in this post. I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase through my affiliate link. Read my full disclosure policy here.”
Die Cut Machines for Crafting
Looking for Die Cut Machines for Crafting? Here are 5 of my faves!
A die cutting machine is a must have for a Crafter/Scrapbooker as myself. This machine is designed to cut materials, such as paper , fabric, or metal, to a specific shape. These cutout shapes can then be used for a variety of projects, such as scrapbooking, t-shirts, homemade cards, quilts, or decorations for a party.
Die cutting is the process in which you use a machine to produce cut-out shapes. You can cut the same shape, over and over without using scissors, stencils, or a craft knife. It saves time and looks professional.
Crafters and Scrapbookers use a personal die cutting machines that are about the size of a toaster oven. These machines can sit on top of work space or can be stored in a small area and brought out when needed. There are a variety of brands of die cutting machines.
Here are my favorite Die Cut Machines for Crafting:
1. Cricut Air Explore 2 Machine: I love this machine! It makes the perfect cut every time and the learning curve was minimal. I can make custom sticker, home decor, greeting cards, custom apparel and so much more. Can also upload images for free or use Cricut's library of premade designs and project.
2. Brother CM350 Electronic Cutting Machine ScanNCut: This machine work as a scanner as well as a cutter, allowing you to create your own designs. The only cutting machine with built in Scanner. I was so excited to get this Machine for a Christmas present, my only regret is that I haven't found the time to play and create with it very much.
3. Sixxix Big Shot Machine: For me this is the most popular of the hand-crank machines and for the budget. Its a smaller die cutter but can cut through just about any material you could tackle. It comes with a pair of Standard Cutting Pads and the adjustable Extended Multipurpose Platform. I also purchased the Magnetic cutting pads which is the best, they hold the paper in place.
4. Silhouette Cameo Wireless Cutting Machine: This machine is best for the advanced Crafters. It c uts designs up to 12 inches wide from more than 100 materials. Includes Silhouette Studio software, power cable and USB cable, 12-Inch Cutting Mat, AutoBlade cutting blade.
5. AccuQuilt GO! Fabric Cutter Starter Set: This is the best machine for Quilters, This machine is designed for cutting quilting fabric. This machine cuts through up to six layers of fabric at once, making cutting out all your squares 90 percent faster than using scissors. The starter kit comes with templates for two sizes of squares and triangles.
There you have it my 5 favorite Die Cut Machines for Crafters. Let me know in the comments which machine is your favorite. Would love to hear from you.